Halloween strikes me as an appropriate day to wade back into the childfree wilderness for a moment. A day of tricks and treats for children. And for childfree adults… Happy Halloween, childfree adults!
I have a funky costume to model and lots of chocolate to wash down the hatch with ghoulish bourbon, so I’ll make this quick. No probing nulliparity ruminations tonight, just a “Hunh?” moment to pass along. Among the usual doltish Breeder Bingo questions in this recent post, 10 Ways I Win the No Children Argument, is one that bears repeating.
Aren’t you cutting yourself off from most of the adult world? You can’t relate to them!
True. I’ve been stunned into silence as parents of newborns talk about what baby poop should look like — and where to find helpful photos. I’ve never had to tolerate a play date with parents I can’t stand because my kid likes their kid. And I can only provide moral support as parents complain about their under-achieving teens. Then my wife and I dine with unmarried couples and talk about the rest of the world. Thankfully, it’s a big place with lots going on. (Debt.com)
Big world. Lots going on. Don’t worry, parents, we childfree adults will manage alright. But thanks for your concern. And happy Halloween!
- Childfree Regrets? (whynokids.com)
- Q&A With Kimya Dennis on her Childfree Research (lauracarroll.com)
- No Kids No Worries: Childfree and Loving it in Australia (whynokids.com)
- The Back Story on August 1 as International Childfree Day (lauracarroll.com)
- Can’t I Just Eat in Peace? Real Issues Behind Banning Children from Restaurants (thenotmom.com)
- Why Growing Up Is Hard to Do (But Why the World Still Need Adults) (artofmanliness.com)
- Taylor Swift Says She May Not Have Kids – 8 Stars Who Are Childfree (And Loving It!) (intouchweekly.com)