Recently whynokids.com has been getting pounded with traffic, an uptick that prompted me to poke around in search of answers.
What are people searching for? Are they finding what they’re looking for? What “sticky content” are we offering visitors to Why No Kids?
Combing through our stats (analytics) and tickling Google’s ivories has offered afew hints. For example, the term “no kids” seems to be driving the surge. But why? Is it possible that suddenly there’s an upward trend in couples considering a childfree lifestyle? Perhaps. Or perhaps there’s something else happening. What do YOU think?
I’m reserving judgment for the time being. It’s exciting. It’s encouraging. But it’s premature to determine why whynokids.com is experiencing a dramatic increase in readers.
That said, I know that our readers are responsible for spreading the word, so it’s time to thank you. All of you! You’ve encouraged and prodded and joined Why No Kids? conversations on Facebook and tweeted up a storm with Why No Kids? on Twitter. You’ve emailed posts and emailed us suggestions. In some cases you’ve even emailed us guest posts. You’ve joined the conversation about why not to have kids (and even–in some notable exceptions–why to have kids), and this conversation is what fascinates us. The four bloggers who founded Why No Kids? have chosen childfree lives, childfree marriages, but we don’t preach. We encourage breeders (I know, it’s a loaded term, but sooo catchy!) to participate in conversation. Bring on the debate. Bring on the disagreement. But bring on the civility, and bring on the levity.
Life’s too short to anger and alienate over personal decisions of childbearing. But the Why No Kids? crew firmly believes that ongoing, informed conversation about whether or not to breed stands to improve the lot for all of us!
- Five Reasons Childfree Adults May Be Happier Than Parents (whynokids.com)
- More NYC women are saying no to having children (whynokids.com)
- Vasa Deferentia Interrupta (whynokids.com)
- Vicki Larson: Are Childless Couples Headed Toward Divorce? (whynokids.com)
- Toddler used as weapon on Toronto streetcar (whynokids.com)
- “Pregnant Women Are Smug”(?) (whynokids.com)
- Happy Un-Father’s Day? (whynokids.com)
- Ann Landers on Childfree Families (whynokids.com)
- What if…Oprah had kids? (whynokids.com)
- FlashBack: Standout Stories That Previously Appeared On WNK’s FB Page Only (whynokids.com)