If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, then you may be a candidate for childfreedom.
- Feeling overwhelmed?
- Feeling stressed and burdened?
- Is it because everyone you know is having kids?
- Are you beginning to feel pressure from others to have children of your own?
- Do you find you are not yet ready to obliterate any chance you have left to enjoy life to its fullest? (via NEW! Try, “NOT HAVING KIDS”)
If these symptoms sound familiar, then you may want to “try not having kids…” It’s called Childfreedom!
Check out this “helpful” video if you would like to self-diagnose (and self-medicate…)
A hilarious parody of prescription drug commercials gives people a groundbreaking alternative to having children: not having children. Brought to you by writer Jason Messina, this video addresses marital anxiety about childbearing by listing the potentially lethal side effects of bringing a little one into the world. (Huff Post)
Amusing video. Thanks, Jason Messina (of Sure Thing Chief!) And thanks, Huff Post, for bringing it to our attention. And lest this childfreedom pharma spoof doesn’t charm your chuckle boom, there’s a final hurrah:
While the video had us laughing, its creator also issued a more serious warning at the end: “Please, tell your doctor if you already have kids before you try Not Having Kids. As this may result in being a neglectful asshole.” (Huff Post)
Serious warning indeed. Sorry, ‘rents, but once you’ve signed your future away, there’s no turning back. Unless you want to be a neglectful @$$hole! So, suck it up, and enjoy living the childfreedom dream vicariously through your CF friends. We’ll do our best to share the bliss…
- Childfreedom (bpnadeau.wordpress.com)
- Understanding Childfreedom (chatterjeepayal.wordpress.com)
- Psychology declares war on childfreedom. (francoistremblay.wordpress.com)
- Childfree Life Tip #1 (childfreevoices.com)
- interview with childfree voices. (kidsiscrap.wordpress.com)
- Advancing the Research on the Childfree & Online Childfree Communities (lauracarroll.com)
- Guest Post from William (Dann) Alexander -Another man’s point of view (childfreereflections.com)
- childfree lingo. (kidsiscrap.wordpress.com)
- More Media Attention on the Time Article (childfreedom.blogspot.com)
- Childfree News Roundup (childfreevoices.com)